May 27, 2010

by nature I am a very sensitive person, sensitive towards others and sensitive to the spirit. when the Lord is moving and changing lives (my own included) i can't help but weep. people have always teased me for crying, in a very good-natured way. but, honestly, i am so thankful that the Lord has kept me tender-hearted.


recently, well actually (as i am looking through my journal) it was in April, that i went on a trip to California, and with about 6 other individuals, I climbed Mt. San Jacinto in southern California (palm springs area) to pray and to seek the Lord's face. i honestly don't have the words or the capacity to describe what it was like to be on the mountain, with other brother's and sister's in chirst, whose hearts were so humble and open to the Lord. His presence was all-embracing, all-encompassing, Love and Glory combined, the only thing i could do was cry. so i cried and cried. for four hours.better described as wailing. and now i have a better understanding of Romans 8:26, 'likewise the spirit also helps in our weaknesses. for we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the spirit himself makes intercession for us with groanings to deep for words' as we prayed for the lost, not only for those in California, but in the nations, my heart was utterly broken for those that do not know him.


even today I am completely broken by the Lord's presence, while I was on the mountain the Lord gave me this verse - Zechariah 7:8-10, 'Execute true justice, show mercy and compassion everyone to his brother. Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. Let none of you plan evil in his heart against his brother.' and if you continue to read, in verse 11 & 12 it says 'but they refused to heed, shrugged their shoulders, and stopped their ears so that they could not hear. Yes, they made their hearts like flint, refusing to hear the law and the words which the Lord of hosts had sent by His spirit through former prophets. Thus great wrath came from the Lord of Hosts'. so i continue to pray that my heart as well as others would not be like flint, but we would remain soft towards our G-d and to His calling on our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...