September 11, 2010

moving day

so we are in the middle of a transition, moving out of our apartment, but really no place to go. but, please don't worry, we have friends with couches and have plans for camping in the mean time. all of our things, that i can't seem to throw away or get rid of (vintage chairs, bar stools, chirp china, a gazillion paintings, bamboo candle holders, vintage dresser that i sanded and re-painted that has been following me everywhere since i was a freshman in college, pillow-top mattress, two couches that were given to us, a dining room table that i sanded and re-painted w/chairs that i actually hate and want to eventually re-place, lamps, a drafting table) you get the idea, we have only been married one year (and no babies mind you - yet we have so much stuff) i have bags of fabric, some i got from thrift stores, Ikea, Joannes fabric when she has one of her lovely sales, and some from my grandma. bags of yarn, tubs of paper - really pretty patterns for you know when i have the urge to make cards or randomly start scrap booking, and books. and books. and books. and art supplies. and spray paints. and gallons of paint for bedroom walls, living room walls, and dining room walls. oh, and boxes of clothes. boxes. and did i mention all of those lovely gifts you get for getting married? pots& pans, kitchen aid (that i LOVE), bamboo dish drainer, bamboo utensils, plates & bowls, and coffee cups, waffle maker, 12 cup coffee maker that we rarely use because we are a french press kind of couple. oh, and a crock pot. all of this in a storage unit. oh, and did i mention my husband is a musician? so we have a piano, an electric guitar, an acoustic guitar, a djembe, a violin, and a huge amp. i can't even imagine what moving out of the country will look like for us.

i did manage to give away a coffee table, 7 bags of clothes, picture frames that weren't really 'me', dishes, a bed, purses, scarves, and some shoes. and i earned a measly $3.00 at Plato's closet! I know, that's only one pumpkin spice latte w/soy at Starbucks. i guess my clothes are too eclectic for them, at least that's what i keep telling myself.

and I managed to throw away some random things (like pieces of paper with a favorite artist or musician or silly joke jotted down that I have been keeping for years. movie stubs. concert stubs. okay, i admit it, i am a pack rat, i have it under control i promise please don't send me to rehab (to be fair so is my husband, hey if i am going down, he is coming with me as my partner in crime). i keep joking that he is going to find me buried under our treasures crap. you know like those pack rats that find their spouse who have been missing for 4 years!! and one day decided to check the linen closet. and voila! there you are Lucy.

I have this really funny photograph of our box spring on top of our car 'secured' by zip ties, to give you a visual picture of what 'moving' really looks like for us. and oh man is it funny. and yes, we are mourning the death of our mattress. on September 11. oh the irony. please don't be offended by my dark humor. my little bloggy is being moody and won't let me upload it here so just click photograph if you want to have a good laugh at us.

love,
meg

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...