September 12, 2014

sparrow turns 3!

^the birthday girl wanted donuts + chocolate milk for breakfast^
       ^we celebrated at a nearby park + had a 'hippie hotdog' station, dips + chips + cupcakes too!^
^my attempt at a purple ombre cake with sprinkles ~ the heat kind of got the best of it^
^taking a peek at her presents^
 ^my mama holding sweet juniper, she couldn't put her down the entire weekend^
 
after her party, sparrow fell asleep in my arms. and I just held her for almost two hours. and cried. I can't even remember the last time I got to rock her to sleep or hold her like that, and I just soaked every minute of it up. this little girl, because even though she will always be my baby, she is becoming a little girl, and is the very sweetest one I know. her kindness towards others blows me away sometimes, and I just have to step back and watch as the Lord is molding her, and I get to be a part of the journey. the blessing of being a mommy isn't lost on me. I am so thankful everyday for both of my babies. and august 23, 2011 (it was a Tuesday at 10:03 am) will forever be stamped on my heart. the moment I held sparrow for the first time. and her big blue eyes just looked at me, with a depth of knowing. today she tells me that I am her best friend. and I hope that never changes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...