April 17, 2015

wild + free

a few weeks ago, I met up with a homeschooling group - wild + free. and it's not exactly what you are probably assuming, even though if you know me - me and my little ones are pretty, wild + free. but, it's a group of women that love Jesus and all have chosen to homeschool their children in some way. some lean towards classical conversations, charlotte mason, or even unschooling. and although none of us were completely alike, or our children completely alike - even curriculum choices and day to day schedules varied - it was so encouraging to meet everyone, and I felt like I walked away with a few new friends and kindred spirits.
                          (a sweet stranger snapped this photo for us. here with brandi + jillian)
I am just beginning my journey to home educate my little ones, and we definitely aren't starting any rigorous curriculum, as sparrow is only three. but, I've been praying and seeking to connect with other mama's who want to incorporate nature as much as possible in their children's education. and one thing I do know, we all need community. as mothers, homeschoolers, even if you choose not to homeschool - you need a tribe of women who can lift you up and encourage you to keep on going. and I am excited to see mine slowly develop, as new seasons of motherhood are approaching.
(we enjoyed a hike along the creek + a picnic lunch at the nature preserve in plano)
something that is also really neat is they have release monthly bundles that include activities, a devotional, personal stories from other mama's who are on the homeschool journey, and even nature journals! the prairie bundle is a free one, if you are curious and just want to check things out!

 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4/21/2015

    Love seeing your posts and thoughts, love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...