April 29, 2014

E A S T E R W E E K E N D

 
 

we had a lovely, quiet weekend. enjoyed a beautiful easter service, sparrow enjoyed collecting + emptying her treasures from her eggs. I put together a little photo-shoot inside & hosted one at twu gardens for our community! it was such a last minute thing ~ but turned out to be super fun + relaxing for me, and I got to love on some cute kiddos. and a lady showed up at the end, while I was cleaning up and handed us her 5 week old bunnies to hold.

this easter was different. it was spent just the three of us. soon to be four of us. and I can't help but wonder at the life we are creating, our own little traditions and adventures building up over time, turning into a magical childhood, one I get to relive through my daughter's eyes.
and yet, I long to be near family. sometimes, Austin feels so very far away, when your homesick. I missed my mom's deviled eggs, my sister's laugh, even the family drama and bickering that always makes an appearance - when you have a room full of strong and stubborn women.

one year for easter, my mom made huge muddy foot prints go all the way up our stairs that ended in my room, where I awoke that morning to a basket full of goodies. my favorite chap stick and sour candies. and I remember seeing the foot prints as I ran excitedly down the stairs, proclaiming that the easter bunny had come - just like mom had promised the night before. I think back to all the little things my mom did to make things magical and joyful, just to see my face light up with delight.
and I hope to do the same.
we are making a life. one that is our own. that I hope my children will remember with fondness. just like I do, with a full heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...