May 9, 2010

to my mother

 Because I feel that in the heavens above
The angels, whispering one to another,
Can find among their burning tears of love,
None so devotional as that of "Mother,"
Therefore, by that dear name I have long called you,
You who are more than mother unto me.
-Edgar Allan Poe



mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. -Erich Fromm
A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled. -Emily Dickinson
Happy Mothers Day Mama, how I longed to be in Austin on this day to hug you and tell you in person that I love you, and to tell you thank you. Thank you for all the sacrifices that you have have made for me, thank you for the endless love you have shown, so deep and so wide, even at times when I was ungrateful or to stubborn to see all that you were doing for me. Thank you for teaching me how to stand and to be strong and that it's okay not to have all the answers or to have everything figured out, that God is the one with all the answers and in his time will reveal those to us. Thank you for showing me how to sew and allowing me the freedom to be creative in all areas of my life, especially how I dressed as a child. Thank you for working all those years just to make ends meet, and putting yourself through school, and through that showing me that it's not too late to turn around. It's not too late to make positive changes. Thank you for letting me go, and wander off in the world finding my own, and supporting the choices I have made. Thank you for loving my husband. I more than anything, just want to say thank you for loving me. I love you Mom.
Love,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...