January 31, 2014

the difference a year can make



(the photo on the left is from sparrow's one year photo shoot & the photo on the right is from her second birthday photo shoot)

oh gosh, do i love this little girl. no one can prepare you for the overwhelming and utterly fierce love that takes over your heart once you become a mother. I would do anything for this little one.

tonight, my friend Andres stopped by to say hi - and to play with sparrow. we lived in a christian community house last year with him and sparrow just loves him. she had just gotten out of the bath and was wearing her lion towel and couldn't stop dancing in excitement! sparrow had turned one right as we were moving into the community house, and he kept commenting on how different she is. she talks so much and carries actual conversations, and asks so many questions. she is potty-trained, taller, has hair! (I use to be afraid that she was never going to grow hair). the physical changes, but mostly her personality, and capabilities - it's just crazy to me. all in one year.

she is so creative. she wants to paint and draw all day. we make little books. and the stories she likes to tell - and the places we go (all imaginative). it's so wonderful, in a lot of ways I feel like I am getting to experience childhood again. I want to be just like her. fearless. unashamedly friendly and bold. she doesn't question my goodness or love towards her.

little sparrow, you are a beautiful girl. you are so caring and giving, you have such a nurturing spirit. I pray that I can continue to be the mama that you deserve. patient, kind, soft-spoken, fun + adventurous. I pray for thousands of more days to enjoy you and love you. I pray that I can show you how to love, yourself and your neighbors. I pray that I can show you what it means to forgive, fully. I pray that you will know the Father's heart and plans for you. I pray that, despite my short comings and failures, that my life and marriage could show you the way. that you would bear eternal fruit. that your worship would echo. that as I pour into you, you will one day pour into others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...